Spanish Resident Card
To move and stay in Spain for a long period, you will need to obtain a residence permit. Today, Spain offers several options:
The non-lucrative residence
- The non-lucrative residence can be issued to citizens of countries outside the EU. This type of residence permit gives the legal right to reside in Spain without the right to work. Therefore, the applicant must confirm the presence of a stable income received anywhere in the world.
- The non-lucrative residence does not give the right to the holder to be hired by any company, but does not prohibit opening his own business in Spain, hiring workers, and having income from the activities of his company.
- After the first extension of the residence permit, that is, after one year, it is possible to modify the residence permit with the right to work.
- According to Spanish law, a citizen who has received a non-lucrative residence must stay in Spain for more than 183 days a year. Failure to comply with this paragraph may result in the cancellation of a residence permit.
- Simple procedure for paperwork We help prepare the necessry pack of documents
- High quality of life for you and your family We help prepare the necessry pack of documents
- There is no need to invest in Spain in order to get this permit We help prepare the necessry pack of documents
- In accordance with Spanish law, an application for a residence permit in Spain is submitted by the applicant at the Spanish Consulate in the country of origin.
- From the time the application is submitted at the Embassy, until you receive the decision, on average it takes around three months. Upon receipt of a positive response, a D type visa is pasted into the applicant’s passport, allowing entry in Spain and issuing a resident card. Renewal of a residence permit is issued in Spain.
Terms & Conditions
- Stable income received by the applicant outside of Spain:
- references from workplace;
- income statements;
- real estate lease agreement;
- income from stocks and deposits;
- dividends and etc
- Statement from a Spanish bank account about the availability of funds for living in Spain, which, according to the law, are calculated at least 400% IPREM per head of family and 100% IPREM per family member. In 2018, IPREM amounted to 537.84 euros. Thus, the minimum amount that must be in the account in a Spanish bank for a family of three is: 537, 84 * (400% + 100% + 100%) * 12 months = 38.724.48 euros.
- Documents on the availability of housing in Spain. Housing can be owned or rented. In case of the rental, the real estate lease contract for 1 year or more should be provided.
- Medical Insurance.
- Children over 6 years old must be enrolled in a private Spanish school.
Investor residence permit
In 2013, Spain passed the Law “Support for Entrepreneurs and the Internalization of Entrepreneurship”, which provides special conditions for foreign investors to stay in Spain. By buying real estate or other assets, the investor is entitled to a residence permit in Spain.
- Release of documents takes 1-3months
- Investor must visit Spain only 1 day per year
- Investor residence permit gives the right to work in Spain
- Investor can decide be or not to be the resident fiscal in Spain
How big should be the investment?
- Acquisition of real estate located within Spanish territory of at least €500,000 per applicant. The property, either residential or commercial, can be rented for income. Any number of properties can combine to make up the €500,000 minimum investment.
- Depositing at least €1,000,000 in Spanish bank accounts
- Investing at least €2,000,000 in Spanish Treasury bonds
- Business projects: there is no minimum investment requirement, they must be of general interest: сreation of jobs, social and economic impact on the geographical area where they are made or significant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.
The investor’s golden visa in Spain applies to the spouse of the investor, minor children, financially dependent parents and adult children under 26 years of age.
- Applicant age over 18
- Legal stay in Spain, no tax arrears in Spain
- Health insurance documents issued by a company operating in Spain.
- Proof of sufficient economic means to cover personal and family living expenses
- Oficial documents providing proof of the investment.
Get a free consultation
Questions and Answeres
What benefits does the Spanish residence permit give?
- With the residence permit, you can live anywhere in Spain during the entire year.
- Holders of the Spanish residence permit can travel anywhere within the EU Schengen visa countries.
- European education for your children.
- Quality medical service.
What amount should I show when submitting the documents?
According to the law, the funds for living in Spain are calculated as following: at least 400% IPREM per head of the family and 100% IPREM per family member. In 2018, IPREM amounted to 537.84 euros. Thus, the minimum amount that must be present in the account in a Spanish bank for a family of three is 537, 84 * (400% + 100% + 100%) * 12 months = 38.724.48 euros.
What is proof of a steady income?
It is necessary to confirm the presence of the stable income received outside of Spain. Certificates of employment, income statements, real estate rental agreement, income from shares and deposits, dividends and etc can be the proof of the stable income.
What gives the presence of a residence permit (residence permit) in Spain?
- With the visa and residence permit, you may live and work anywhere in Spain
- Holders of a Spanish Residence Permit will have an access to unlimited travel throughout the EU Schengen visa countries.
- European education for your children
- Quality medical care
What are the benefits of GOLDEN VISA?
The holder of a “golden visa” is not required to stay in Spain for a certain period of time, it is enough to appear in the country 1 day per year. In this case, the investor is not a fiscal resident of Spain and is not required to submit an annual declaration of his income received anywhere in the world
Who can apply for a residence permit with an investor?
The investor's golden visa in Spain applies to the spouse of the investor, minor children, financially dependent parents and adult children under 26 years of age.
What is proof of a steady income?
It is necessary to confirm the stable income received outside of Spain. The income is confirmed by certificates of employment, income statements, real estate rental agreement, income from shares and deposits, dividends, etc.
Can a value of the property of 500,000 euros include taxes and / or a mortgage?
To obtain an investor visa, the net value of real estate must be more than 500,000 euros, not including / without taking into account the payment of taxes and expenses upon purchase. Mortgages can be used in excess of the amount of mandatory investments, that is, 500,000 euros.
Have a question?
Ask a question and our manager will respond within the working day.
Have any questions?
Ask your question for feedback